Monday, January 18, 2010

Not all photographers make money!

Not long ago, I had a young man ring my doorbell in hopes to sell me a "miracle" cleaning solution. It seemed to work well, and in a house with 5 children I was intrigued....until he told me the price. It was well out of my budget and I had to admit, the cleaner would fall under the "want" category rather than a "need".

I gave the young man, a "thank you, but no thank you" response, explaining that I just couldn't afford it. His response startled me. He pointed out to my car and said, "I see you own your own a photography business, how do you not have enough money?" A little offended by the implication that I was lying, I just stated the honest truth. "It seems that the first thing to go in a these difficult economic times, are family photos." It's a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless.

So I've decided to make it a little easier for those who still want family photos. I am lowering my prices. Not only to help other, but I've also made a commitment to learn more about photography. I've learned that taking more pictures, is the best way to learn. So I'm hoping that with the lower prices, I will have more photo sessions.

For a limited time only, I am lowering my prices to $50.00

This still includes:
* 1 hour photo shoot at a location of your choice (within 20 miles)
* Photo proofing (croppign, enhancing, black and white, etc)
*a CD with 20-25 photos from your session with a permission to print form allowing you to have your photos printed at any locaion of your choosing.

If you are interested, please contact me at my email address:

tarabrooksphotography@yahoo.com

Thank you, and I hope to have more pictures up soon.

No comments: